Kokua Festival '05

The Kokua Concert last night was freakin awesome. For those of you not hip to the Hawaiian language "kokua" means cooperation and is at the end of every public service announcement- "Please Kokua". What, you don't know the Hawaiian word for please?

I have been waiting to see Jack Johnson for a while but his concerts usually sell out pretty fast. G Love was there and that was a bonus since I have been waiting to see him as well for about 3 years now. I got turned onto these two artists by a friend of mine when I started teaching myself to play guitar. Their music is fun to play and it isn't that hard, although G Love does have some riffs and harmonica playing that is out of my league.

Jackson Brown was also there as well as a few local guys that put me to sleep with their slow-ass style of music. I love the slack key guitar playing but dude, play that slow shit during the daylight hours. Besides the fact that there was so much weed floating around we were getting sauced and the mellow music wasn't helping. As soon as Jack got up the crowd went apeshit. He is a local white boy who made it big with the easy going surfer music and people out here love him.

Here are a few shitty pictures of the concert. I was 23 rows behind the grassy area in front of the stage and it was dark so my cheap 2 megapixel camera couldn't hang.

G-Love and Special Sauce tearing it up


Jackson Brown


Jack Johnson. Yeah, shitty pic but I know who it is.


Us with some stoner chicks in the background

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commanding Officer sacked

Dog in Jail