The Giant Douche speaketh

As the time gets closer to chose between a giant douche and a turd sandwhich, the Democratic nominee further distances himself from my vote (if he ever had one) by making the following comment in a town hall meeting in Powder Springs, Georgia yesterday:

Instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English -- they'll learn English -- you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish. You should be thinking about, how can your child become bilingual? We should have every child speaking more than one language.

So let me understand you correctly- I NEED to make sure my kids can speak Spanish? I will admit that being bilingual has its advantages, but why exactly should they NEED to learn Spanish, especially after this asinine comment:

You know, it's embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. And then we go over to Europe, and all we can say [is], "Merci beaucoup." Right?


So, do I NEED to teach my kids Spanish or French? How about German or Italian? I contend that Obama made the Spanish remark to pander to the illegal aliens whose children are going to school. This would give them the reassurance that Obama is on their side and that they can be rest assured that more help will come.

The next paragraph was Obama letting his guard down and showing just how much of an ass he really is. We can’t even get some our high school graduates to read above a 5th grade level much less learn another language. I am waiting in earnest for the “misunderstanding” message from the Obama camp to tell us what he really meant. Those guys are slacking because it has been more than a day.

To clarify, learning a second language is a good thing, whether it be Spanish (which I am currently learning via Rosetta Stone) or anything else that can give an edge in the global market. I am learning Spanish because my company sells our products to Mexico, Central and parts of South America. It just makes sense for me to learn the language as part of my job- but not so I can tell the cleaning lady to come back after 2 o’clock and to please leave more towels.

The more I listen to Obama the more I think he makes John Kerry look like a pretty intelligible guy. I wonder if Obama is using the same people for clarification purposes. They must be worn out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commanding Officer sacked

Dog in Jail