Letter to Obama

For some reason I have felt very civic minded the last few weeks and after reading an article on the front page of Yahoo, More school: Obama would curtail summer vacation, I felt that I had to send a letter to the President. Obama has managed to piss off adults with his poorly planned and poorly executed programs over the last 9 months, but now he is going to piss off children, the future voter base of this nation. Personally, however, I agree with his plan.

Here is my letter.

--------------------------------------

Mr President,

Yahoo! recently published an article concerning your ideas to get American children on par in education by lengthening the amount of time they are in school and shortening their summer breaks. I couldn't agree more.

How do you propose to implement this new plan? I live in CA and I have 4 children, 3 of whom are in school. Our schools have no money to pay teachers and the furlough days cut into the education our children receive. In fact, California asked for a loan to help our flailing economy and the Federal Government refused. But California is not the only state that has to slash their educational funds to compensate for the state of the economy. Some school districts in your home state of Hawaii only attend 3 days a week. How can these children in public schools compete with others who attend private schools and attend more days and more hours per week?

Thank you for your time, Mr President.

Comments

  1. So Smitty time to time I check out this site since I no longer play WOW. Its Jessica I use to live in the same condo building as you in Hawaii and was friends with Shaun Smith. LMAO now I live with him in VA. Oh well I am awaiting you post about women on subs LMFAO.Take care hope to hear from ya it looks like you are enjoying freedom.
    Jessica
    lancergirlie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya! I stopped playing WoW about a month ago. My life is much better.

    Stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After rereading this post I think I should have been more clear. We need good, competent teachers who I don't have to follow up to make sure my kid spells doubt correctly and not like drought minus the "r". And this is Honors English...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Commanding Officer sacked

Dog in Jail