Careful what you wish for...

I have subscribed to the local newspaper chat boards and I am already pissed. It is the same stuff people are bitching about- high property taxes, shitty roads, shitty drivers, shitty politicians, and, my favorite, how Hawaii should be a sovereign nation.

In every topic I can find something that would bite these people in the ass should they decide to actually get off their asses and participate in something. But I won't hold my breath when it comes to the political arena; Hawaii had the lowest voter registration in the U.S. in 2002 and in this last, probably most important election 100 years, the voter registration was down 10% from 2002. My point here is that the local complain about how shitty things are but either a) keep voting the turds in or, b) don't bother voting at all. Talk about a vicious circle.

I find it ironic that the same posters in the Hawaiian sovereignty thread also post in the thread about how the U.S. should stop helping other countries and focus on our own. Uh, hello? If Hawaii is granted sovereignty, then by your own retardedness, we wouldn't have give you jack. Then we'd have to listen to you bitch about how the U.S. doesn't do shit for people. Make up your mind assholes.

I know I have lived here for a very long time, but please tell me, this level of stupidity isn't just confined to this 600 square mile rock, is it?

Comments

  1. A couple years ago I worked for a nonprofit philanthropic organization with a name that does, unfortunately make it sound like it's part of the corporate-imperial financial complex. I was working in the office of the President and we received a letter from "The Kingdom of Hawai'i" that, as far as we could tell, was some sort of indictment of our behavior exploiting the world's poor. It wasn't exactly in English, and it came with some charts or diagrams of some sort that were exceptionally mysterious; as this was the fall of 2001, our staff manager decided it needed to be reported to the FBI. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dog in Jail

Commanding Officer sacked