The Amarathine Quest

I just want to send a shout out to my blog readers (both of them) and apologize for the lack of posting in recent weeks. I have been involved with some non-political endeavors, of which I enjoy immensely, and haven’t had much time to the research needed to prepare an intelligent political commentary.

I hate doing political commentary and I am in no way qualified to make such posts. “Commentary” is probably a misnomer. “Blunt opinionated rants” is probably more accurate.

I have gotten some attention from a fellow blogger in NYC. I have mentioned Andy before and we enjoy an online friendship based on opposing ideas and complimentary interests. As much as I hate attention from people (cue wife rolling her eyes) I have been a celebrity of sorts on Andy’s blog.

Except for our political views we get along nicely and even though the posts get a little heightened sometimes it is only because we both strongly feel our political ideals are better for ourselves and possible for the country. Sarcasm, cheap shots, and insinuating tones aside, we have kept to a civil repoire and the ad hominem attacks have been eliminated. For this I respect Andy.

I do feel the need to share a rather lengthy post he made of which I am the focus. I had made some comments about an earlier post Andy made concerning the “Mission Accomplished” banner in the background of President Bush’s speech aboard the aircraft carrier Lincoln on May 1, 2003.

Although Andy took my comments and attempted to debunk them one at a time I will not make the same kind of post. It is too laborious on the reader and if you are interested in reading the original post then please click HERE

The opening debunk consists of the “Mission Accomplished” banner behind the president as he spoke on the deck of the Lincoln in May 2003. Baseline argument for the Dems is that the White House fabricated the whole thing as a propaganda stunt for his reelection. Although I did post a post-speech quote from the President clarifying his remarks Andy goes one step further and cites the actual speech the president gave on the carrier. I was glad he did because at his attempt to slam dunk me with “facts” he hit the rim and gave himself a black eye.

Aside from an uninformed remark about carriers having a print shop (and they do but it isn’t a Kinko’s. It is a DOD service with squids doing the printing) the sign was indeed printed by the White House by request of the Navy and hung across the sail of the carrier by sailors. Bush admitted that his administration had something to do with the banner:

"I know it was attributed somehow to some ingenious advance man from my staff -- they weren't that ingenious, by the way” SOURCE

So what’s the big hullabaloo about? This same sort of thing happens when our boats pull into Pearl Harbor after a deployment. As we pull into the sheltered water of the channel a small boat meets us with a huge lei. The lei is placed around our sail as a sign of “mission accomplished”.

It is amusing how the Dems take Bush’s statement concerning the “end of major operations in Iraq” as a bravado for the end of ALL operations in Iraq. Bush made these comments a few paragraphs later when he said:

”We have difficult work to do in Iraq.”
“The transition from dictatorship to democracy will take time, but it is worth every effort”.


It is just this type of self-serving editing that is used to whitewater, err, whitewash the truth. What is funny about the quotes Andy cites is the fact that the next sequential paragraph of his contradicts the former.

He quotes Bush:
"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."

Then quotes Bush again:
"The battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on September the 11, 2001 -- and still goes on."


If you read his post he states that it is “obvious” that Bush used his mission accomplished statement as an “absolutely unequivocal declaration of final victory, there's no other way to read that.”
Ah, I see. It is ok to speculate what the president says or means when it compliments a case against him.

Now, I do have some grinding to do in SWG so I will leave with just a few more remarks. I do intend to finish this deconstruction of Andy’s synopsis but I have to give the other reader of my blog a break and get back to what this blog started out to do- bitch and complain about the inconsiderate and insane asshole that live on my street.

Andy quotes Bush:
"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."

True statement. Hussein was overthrown and MAJOR combat operations ended. Mission accomplished!

Andy quotes Bush:
"The battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on September the 11, 2001 -- and still goes on."

And then says:
Unfortunately, as shown by the results of the election, 48% of America fails to see the connection between Iraq and September 11. That might have something to do with the government's own commission reporting that there was no relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda.

September 11th began the war on terrorism. Hussein harbored Taliban, the Taliban is responsible for terrorism, hence the war on terrorism in Iraq. He didn't say there were any links but that the date of September 11th started our war on those who would do us harm. Instead of putting off doing something about these terrorists like so many of his predecessors, Bush finally said enough is enough. We'll take it to them instead of another tragic loss of life on our soil.

Number of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil since September 11: 0

But to quell the doubts as to whether Saddam had links to al-Qaeda I submit this SOURCE. All the Michael Moore books and conspiracy theories won't change my mind.

Like I said, I have some grinding to do. I will continue this post with some hard hitting analysis on some “facts” Andy has discovered. His biggest revelation, and easiest to rebuke, is that there aren’t any WMD’s in Iraq. What?? No way! Besides the thousands of dead Kurds in mass graves in Iraq I will provide some insight to this tiring broken .mp3 (who still uses records??) hokum the Dems continue to politick.

The pursuit of Jedi awaits!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commanding Officer sacked

Dog in Jail