Walk the Line: My review


After all the hype from this years Oscars I am finally getting around to my NetFlix queue of the movies. Last night my wife and I saw Walk the Line and I must say that I was entertained but not really that impressed.

I am a big fan of Johhny Cash and Juaquin Pheonix played him very well, he sounded more like Johnny Cash than Reese Witherspoon sounded like June Carter, but the movie wasn't Oscar worthy in my opinion. It was drawn out in some areas and didn't keep my attention. Not a bad movie, just not as entertaining as Episode 5- or any of the Star Wars Quintilogy - or as my first Oscar movie review of Crash.

Definately not worthy enough to make an illegal copy of because I just woulnd't want to to see it more than once.

Comments

  1. Dude, did you even watch tis movie?
    It was alittel drawn out in places? How about it was a little fucking awsome in places. You suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I saw this movie by accident. I went to meet up with some friends to see "Aeon Flux" but it was sold out, so we went to "Walk the Line" instead. I couldn't believe I was going to the Johnny Cash movie. But I'm so glad I did, I thought it was really, really wonderful.

    Entertaining? I think that's the wrong criterion to judge by. I thought this movie was challenging and honest. It's long and serious, but what's wrong with that? I thought Reese Witherspoon was luminous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris-
    Well, you know what they say about opinions- Everyone has them and you are one.
    Stop dicking around on the Internet and get qualified something.

    Andy,
    I know I didn't cover the important things that an official movie review covers- price, acting, technical, etc.- but like I said, this is jsut my opinion of hte flick.

    IMO, not using 'entertainment value' when talking about a movie is like not taking taste into consideration when describing food to someone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Commanding Officer sacked

Dog in Jail